Monday, April 18, 2011
My mother has always had an affinity for the color salmon, which she repeatedly paired with various blues in every house that I can remember. I can't blame her; salmon is an incredibly pleasing and versatile color to decorate with, falling comfortably between its more daring cousins of orange and pink. It can feel either classic or modern, depending on the way its used. Feast your eyes on these delicious salmon rooms and accents.....
1. A salmon pink inspiration board from one of my favorite blogs, The City Sage.
2. A pop of salmon on upholstered dining chairs, found on the Dream Design Live blog.
3. Sheer salmon curtain panels in an otherwise neutral room designed by Katie Ridder.
4. I love this hi-gloss salmon library, found on Blu Label Bungalow (image from House Beautiful).
5. A bold salmon takes on even more energy against a deep blue and paired next to a patterned slipper chair (photo by Thomas Loof).
6. Salmon and gray are a unique but natural color combination, found on We Heart It.
7. Salmon is commonly paired with deep browns, but this eggplant and salmon combination imbues an extra sense of sophistication and warmth (found on decor pad).
8. Williams & Sonoma Home Cashmere Throw in Lantana (and 6 other available colors).
9. An area rug in salmon and tan from the Country Living Farmhouse Stripe rug collection by Surya, found on www.justarearugs.com.
10. The Fringe "Asia" Tray available at Bloomingdales features many colors with brilliant pops of salmon.
11. Serena & Lily's Coral Diamond Throw Pillow