Monday, May 16, 2011
Was it the bright citrus hued robes that I encountered in my search for a Dalai Lama image to use in yesterday's random post? Or perhaps it was the torn magazine page featuring vibrant orange dahlias that is pinned to my bulletin board? Or possibly the orange-tinged sky at sunset tonight? Whatever it was....I tried to turn to other hues for today's post, but no. Orange seemed to be calling me everywhere I turned. So here's a tribute to one of the happiest decorating colors in existence; as an accent or spanning a whole wall, it has the power to energize a space and lift drooping spirits, monkhood not required.
1. This orange kitchen found on Mod Res Des is beyond bold.
2. Orange walls don't overwhelm above classic white beadboard (found on elledecor.com).
3. Orange and gray pair harmoniously in this unique bathroom from apartmenttherapy.com.
4. My favorite color wheel opposites - orange and blue - come alive in shades of citrus and turquoise in this show-stopping living room, found on Coastal Living (photo by Annie Schlechter).
5. & 6. Orange paint makes the perfect accent on the walls of this striped nursery and tucked inside this little girls closet, both of which I designed for New York City area clients.
7. A pop of color perfect for sepia toned or color portraits. Jonathan Adler Enamel Curve Frame
8. Bungalow 5's vibrant Jacqui Side Table.
9. The awesomely punchy, yet sophisticated Quatrefoil Table Lamp in orange from Shades of Light.
10. Outdoor Dining Chair in an unexpected transparent orange finish.
11. Duc Duc's Austin Bunk Bed in white and orange, available through Clever Tomato.