Monday, August 6, 2012
Monday Color: Lemon and Aqua
Today's Monday Color combination draws its inspiration from the summer sun blazing in clear blue skies, which we've been fortunate to see a lot of this season. It is also the palette I'm using in an Upper West Side family room set against clean white walls with abundant light wood tones, so a family of five can revel in that that fresh and carefree summer feeling all year long.
1. (Very top) Jersey Shore, capturing bright sunshine, warm sand and aqua skies, from bomobob on Etsy.
2. & 3. (Very top) Benjamin Moore's Yellow Raincoat and Tropicana Cabana.
4. A daring yellow and aqua living room found on The Lennoxx
5. Perfectly balanced doses of both colors energize this dining area.
6. A darling nursery bosting fresh bursts of sunshine and aqua.
7. A coastal-inspired bathroom found on southernhospitalityblog.com.
8. Found on The Tomkat Studio and photographed by Laura Winslow, this vibrant partyscape nails today's color combination.
9. Birch Fabric's organic cotton sateen Bubble Stripe in Fresh (available through Fabric Worm).
10. Sparkle Flies Cotton Flannel Hook Rug (available through Layla & Grace).
11. A Star is Born Mousepad from Zazzle.com.
12. A whimsical oversized resin deer head with yellow antlers from White Faux Taxidermy on Etsy.
13. Land of Nod's Now Clip It, Clip it Good Lamp in Aqua (what a name!!).
14. The Filmore Sofa from Thrive Furniture in Sunny.
15. The leather Rhys Chair from Anthropologie in Caribbean Blue (which will be included in aforementioned family room).
16. Prospect (Color: Lake) from the Thom Felicia collection for Calico Corners.